The Pennfield Reef Lighthouse Repairs Project by Kronenberger Contstruction Earned the Company "BEST IN SHOW" Honors.
SOUTHINGTON: The, CT Associated Builders and Contractors of Connecticut (CT ABC) honoring construction companies and subcontractors who performed work on what it called, “outstanding construction projects completed as of October.”
Chris Fryxell, president of CT ABC said the awards are “a celebration of the Merit Shop construction industry. It is such a privilege to recognize our member companies for their amazing accomplishments and the individuals who have exhibited an excellence in their craft and gone above and beyond to advance the values of safety and community service.” said “Congratulations and ‘thank you’ to all of our honorees for their well-deserved
In addition to members of the association also recognized were:
- Co-Legislators of the Year: State Representative David Baram and State Senator Kevin Witkos
- Hero Award: Vince Attwater-Young, G. Donovan Associates
Legacy Award: Robert Hollis, Central Connecticut Fire Protection and;
- Industry Tribute Award: Allen Herring.
Of the 44 STEP safety program participants in the CT chapter, the following contractors entered and won a “Best of the Best” safety awards:
- Large General Contractor: Cianbro Corp.
- Small General Contractor: W.M. Schultz Construction, Inc.
- Specialty Sub-Contractor: EMCOR Services New England Mechanical; and
- Leadership Award (Safety Professional): Mike Franck, safety supervisor, Cianbro Corp.
The year’s Best in Show was awarded to Kronenberger & Sons Restoration, Inc. for the Penfield Reef Lighthouse Repairs Project. This top designation was chosen by the panel of judges as the year’s best of the best. The project involved the complete exterior envelope restoration, the granite caisson above the high tide line, the complete repair and restoration of the lightkeeper’s house including granite masonry restoration and repointing, rebuilding of the brick chimney, the replacement of existing fenestrations including doors, windows, running trim, the replacement of the existing roof assembly and the stripping and restoration of the steel octagon light and replacement of associated glazing along with hazardous material abatement in the form of lead and asbestos.
This year CT ABC recognized the following companies as Excellence in Construction Award recipients:
- Institutional Large: Ethel Walker School - Centennial Center - C.E. Floyd Company, Inc.
- Industrial: Manning LNG Storage and Trucking Facility - Cianbro Corporation
- Specialty Contractors Mechanical/Commercial: Goodwin Hotel - Crest Mechanical Services
- Historic Restoration/Renovation: Loom City Lofts - Enterprise Builders, Inc.
- Specialty Contractors Electrical/Commercial: Columbia Gas Operations Center Campus - Interstate Electrical Services Corporation
- Healthcare: Jewish Senior Services, the Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Campus - KBE Building Corporation
- Specialty Contractors Mechanical/Industrial: Pepperidge Farm Sugar Silo & Automation Project - Notch Mechanical Constructors
- Renovation: Saint Francis Hospital & Medical Center, 103 Woodland Street Renovation - S/L/A/M Construction Services; and
- Residential: Davis Gardens - Viking Construction, Inc.
This year CT ABC recognized the following companies as Merit Award recipients:
- Residential: Colony Street Transit Oriented Development - Enterprise Builders, Inc.
- Institutional Large: Next Generation Connecticut Residence Hall, University of Connecticut - KBE Building Corporation
- Historic Restoration/Renovation Exterior Restoration: New Haven Courthouse GA #23 - Kronenberger & Sons Restoration, Inc.; and
- Specialty Construction SPECIAL AWARD: State Veterans’ Cemetery Expansions and Improvements - Nosal Builders, Inc.